Visuals Available

For lots of photos of the Mudges in Action in Peru, log on to facebook and type "shaw mudge" in the search box.

For videos, log on to youtube and type "ShawMJR" in the search box.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

March Newsletter



Shaw administering communion about a week ago.

My secret.

When I think of what we are doing in Peru, I think of the Great Commission.
Jesus said:

1) "Go and make disciples of all nations" (NIV). Is that on target! That includes us in the nation of Peru.

2) "Baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." We Mudges are ordained clergy, and baptizing is part of what we do. I personally am in more of supporting role here with regards to my colleagues, but I have done at least one baptism at the Cathedral.

3) "Teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." This is the area that we focus our efforts as seminary faculty in Lima: training future and present leaders of the Diocese of Peru (clergy and lay) how to be disciples of Jesus Christ who make disciples of Jesus Christ. Much of what we do is teaching.

That is our mission. That is what we do. But that is not all we do. For, on occasion, we find ourselves ministering to people, as we go about our daily activities, such as to a taxi driver the other day. He was informing Julie and myself of his view of life, and I sensed from the Holy Spirit that he had a distinct lack of peace, and that he was searching for something firm to hold onto.

I also sensed a nudging of the Holy Spirit to share with him my secret for living life.

In a nutshell, I said: "My secret is this. When making decisions, I listen for the peace of God. When making decisions I want to look for an indication of the peace of God that passes all understanding as a guide as to what to do. That is it."

And, as I shared this, I sensed the taxi driver was listening intently. Please remember him in your prayers.

And I wish that for you, as well. In the midst of the trials and triumphs of your life, may the Holy Spirit guide you this month with the peace of God that passes all understanding in your decision making.

News flash! We will be helping Lydia get to college in July and August. If you would like us to visit your parish or group during that time, to talk about our mission work, please let us know.

Prayer Requests:
• For our courses and course plans.
• For the students.
• For our relationships, priorities, ministries, and finances.

God bless you, and thank you for your continuing support! I pray for you, every day.

Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+ and Lydia

No comments: